Saturday, April 28, 2007

Office Arithmetic

Smart boss + smart employee = profit
Smart boss + dumb employee = production
Sumb boss + smart employee = promotion
Dumb boss + dumb employee = overtime

Do you agree with this? For me, I am an employee who do not like to work overtime. I agree with the last one. If you are an efficiency worker, you may do all your jobs on time and no need to extend your works for extra hours.

I work for the hours and I get my monthly salary paid. If really comes to emergency assignment, it is fine to work overtime to complete it to meet the deadline but you need to pay me for the extra effort and time that I had made.

I have ever worked with a boss who like to assign jobs to workers at the evening or almost comes to 30 minutes before the office close. He is the kind of boss looking for workers to work overtime. And he no need to pay the worker overtime allowance because he set the company rules earlier. So, if you are the worker, you need to work for him at least 11 hours a day with a fixed monthly salary. If you tell me in earlier before I sign up the working confirmation letter, I will consider twice. But the boss does not mentioned at all until you come to work on the first day. For me, the working hours are too long and I had lost my time and my personal life. Every day is working working working. I don like that.

That's why I prefer work efficiency and leave the office on time.



No comments: